Teeth Whitening – Houston, TX
Brightening Yellowed or Dull Teeth
If you’re like the majority of our patients, you have likely seen commercials advertising a wide range of smile brightening products. Before you invest too much time or money buying up teeth whitening toothpastes, mouthwashes, strips, and gels, contact the Tamborello Dental Associates team to schedule a cosmetic consultation today. Our skilled dentists and team offer both in-office and take-home teeth whitening in Houston, TX that can deliver smiles up to ten shades brighter.
Why Choose Tamborello Dental Associates for Teeth Whitening?
- Reliable Professional-Grade Whitening
- Three Knowledgeable, Experienced Dentists
- A Comfortable, Welcoming Dental Office
Causes of Dental Discoloration
Before we recommend a teeth whitening plan, we’ll need to understand the causes of your dental discoloration. Some tooth stains are easily removed with simple teeth whitening plans, but others may need more advanced cosmetic dental services to deliver the desired results. The most common causes of dental discoloration include:
- Darkly colored foods and beverages
- Poor oral hygiene allowing plaque and tartar to buildup and discolor tooth surfaces
- Aging or tooth enamel wear that reveals the yellow-colored dentin layers of teeth
- Fluorosis staining caused by over consumption of fluoride during dental development
- Dark stains from taking tetracycline medications before the age of three
Take-Home Teeth Whitening
While store bought teeth whitening kits promise dramatically brighter teeth, they typically cannot deliver the promised results. Professional take-home teeth whitening kits include custom crafted application trays. These application trays fit snuggly against the teeth to keep whitening gel on the surface of tooth enamel and keep neutralizing saliva away. Additionally, patients will choose DayWhite or NiteWhite gel that contains professional doses of active whitening agent. When worn daily as directed, patients can achieve smiles up to ten shades brighter in about two weeks of application. The initial two-week treatment pack is just $290, and patients can also get refill packs for $48.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
One of the most popular and affordable teeth whitening methods is in-office professional whitening using the Sinsational Smile system. For just $150 per application, this teeth whitening procedure is completed in about 30 minutes, so it’s a great way to brighten your smile on your lunch break. Sinsational Smile is effective in brightening smiles with mild staining and discoloration, and it can brighten teeth several shades in just one application. Additionally, we provide application trays and teeth whitening gels for you to touch up the results of your professional in-office treatment.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening VS Store Bought Whiteners
Getting a brighter smile shouldn’t be painful or time consuming. That’s why we encourage our Houston dental patients to start with professional treatments that ensure predictable results. Some of the benefits of professional teeth whitening include:
- Safely monitored by a dental professional, you know your in-office or take-home teeth whitening plan will brighten your smile without negatively impacting your oral health.
- Effective, personalized teeth whitening plans ensure patients experience predictable results up to ten shades brighter that will leave them smiling.
- Patients may experience dental sensitivity following teeth whitening, but when you work with a skilled cosmetic dentist, we can ensure you are comfortable throughout the teeth whitening process.