Houston Sedation Dentist
For many nervous or fearful patients, the friendly team, welcoming environment, and skilled dentists are enough to take the stress out of visiting the dentist. However, for some, anxiety is too severe for even the most relaxing office environment. That’s why our team offers sedation dentistry services for anxious or fearful patients. We offer three levels of sedation, nitrous oxide, oral conscious, and intravenous (IV) sedation. Each option has its own unique benefits, and we work with individually to help patients determine which method is right for them. Dr. Bowen has advanced training in sedation dentistry in order to offer safe, effective sedation dentistry for Tamborello & Bowen Cosmetic Dentistry patients.
While sedation dentistry is still most often utilized for fearful patients, we may recommend sedation for a number of other reasons including:
- Severe sensitivity in teeth, gums, or gag reflex
- Patients who suffer from cognitive impairments that may make dental care unsafe, frightening, or upsetting
- Those patients with injuries or other physical pain that makes remaining still in a dental chair uncomfortable
- Children who may not fully understand their treatment causing unnecessary fear
- Those patients who need numerous treatments or complex procedures may prefer to receive treatment in a single visit using sedatives to help them relax