Whether you are frustrated with the drawbacks of dentures or you are only now looking to replace your missing teeth, many people struggle figuring out if it is worth the investment to make the switch to dental implants in Montrose. The truth is that there are all sorts of benefits of dental implants that you need to consider so that you can decide for yourself. Read on to learn about the many advantages of dental implants so you can determine if they are right for you!
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
In order to determine whether or not dental implants are worth the cost, you should know about their many benefits. Here are some of the ways they’ve been able to positively impact the lives of many people:
- Prevent bone loss: Currently, dental implants are the only tooth replacement option out there that preserve the integrity of the jawbone. They help to maintain bone density and prevent any remaining teeth from moving around in the mouth. The implant replaces the natural root of the tooth, therefore stimulating the jawbone when you chew.
- Easy to maintain: Taking care of implants is just like maintaining your natural teeth. You should brush twice and floss at least once each day. Regular dental visits are also necessary to keep your smile in check.
- Comfortable: Dentures can be uncomfortable, especially if they aren’t fitting correctly. On the other hand, implants are so comfortable that patients often forget that they’re not their natural teeth.
- Long-lasting: Dental implants last for many years when cared for properly. Sometimes, patients never have to worry about missing teeth again. When you care for them properly, they can last for upwards of 25 years and even for the rest of your life. Dentures will need to be fitted and readjusted periodically. Bridges only last about 5 to 15 years before needing to be replaced.
- No eating restrictions: With dental implants, you don’t have eating restrictions once they have healed. Implants restore up to 90% of your chewing power.
Are Dental Implants Worth the Price?
When considering the cost of dental implants, it is important to think of them as an investment. You can end up saving a lot more later on because they are so long-lasting. Other restoration options will not last nearly as long and don’t offer many of the same benefits. If you opt for dentures or dental bridges, you may find yourself spending more money replacing them after shorter periods of time. In the end, many patients find that the price of implants is only a small cost to get their smile back for good!
If you’re unsure about whether or not implants are right for you, talk to your dentist. They will be able to tell you if you’d make a good candidate and how they could benefit you.
About the Author
Dr. Donald F. Tamborello is an experienced dentist who has been providing quality care at his practice in Houston for 32 years. He graduated with his doctorate from the University of Texas and is a Master of the Academy of General Dentistry. For more information on dental implants or to schedule a consultation, visit his website or call (713) 522-7540.