Next to your home oral hygiene habits, the care you receive from your dentist in Houston is equally important. While you know that you should schedule an appointment twice a year, you have been putting your routine care on hold because you cannot find a dentist that you like. You have unique oral health needs and certain expectations, which can make it difficult to find the dental practice that is right for you. If you need a new dentist, there are some simple tips to keep in mind to help you make the best choice for your smile.
How Do I Find the Right Dentist?
Over the years, your oral health needs are going to change. You need a dentist who can accommodate your needs today and in the future. When starting your search, there are a few easy steps to follow to create a shortlist of potential dental practices:
- Determine the Type of Dentist You Need: Not all dentists are the same. Depending on your exact needs, you may need a general or family dentist. If you have advanced oral health needs, you may require the care of a specialist, like a periodontist.
- Ask for Recommendations: To find reputable dentists in the area, ask your friends and loved ones for recommendations.
- Look at Online Reviews: Take the time to read online reviews and testimonials from current patients to learn more about the care that you can expect to receive.
- Tour Their Office: After you have found one or two dentists that may be right for you, take the time to tour each office. Evaluate the comfort and cleanliness of the office, the friendliness of the staff, and areas of advanced technology.
Have I Made the Right Choice?
Now that you have found a dentist who can provide you with the services you need to maintain a healthy smile, there are a few extra things to look for to ensure that you have made the right choice:
- Flexible office hours and scheduling.
- Advanced technology and modern procedures.
- Short wait time.
- Works with your insurance.
- Comfortable and friendly environment.
- Answers your questions and addresses your concerns.
- Follows up on treatment.
- Areas of specialty, like periodontal therapy or dental implants.
Invest in Your Smile with the Right Dentist
No matter if you are new to the area, or you are ready to recommit to your oral health, you need a great dentist by your side. With the right team, you will help to ensure that your teeth and gums stay healthy for a lifetime.
About Dr. Donald F. Tamborello
For more than 32 years, Dr. Donald F. Tamborello has provided the community with comprehensive dental services. In addition to earning his dental degree, he is also a Master of the Academy of General Dentistry. As a result, he can help his patients achieve healthy, beautiful smiles using the latest innovations in dentistry. If you need a new dentist, choose the community’s preferred choice. Contact our office today to schedule your first visit.